Friday, April 2, 2010

Amigos III - Jupiter, FL

I was flying solo today for my weekly Friday trip to Amigos III. Ol' DB was invited to ride shotgun, but was busy readying his family for the trip back North - if only vacations could last forever.

Anyway, Amigos III has been my weekly spot during Lent. Their CHEESE nachos (more on these later) have been a Friday lunch staple for the past month as I avoid meat on Fridays. Yes, mysterious old Catholic rituals remain hard to break. Of course, there are no rules to my knowledge about chasing said cheesy chips with a fine Tequila - even on Good Friday. What Tequila Boy wouldn't?

Just a quick side note on the Nachos @ Amigos III if you are ever here in Jupiter, they soar where few eagles even dare. Whereas most places leave me wanting for more cheese, especially after that first layer of chips is done, our Boys at Amigos III actually put on more cheese than even I can handle. I've actually left beautiful, gooey, melted cheese on the plate even after the last chip has been devoured. Unprecedented, for anyone that knows me.

And the service is always friendly, food good and plenty of quality choices of our favorite spirit available to sample.

Today's selection was the Corralejo Anejo. It was light in color for an Anejo, but very smooth and packed with plenty of flavor. 12 months in charred oak will do that for you - giving it a nice smokey flavor with hints of vanilla. It actually reminiscent of one of my gold standards - The Gran Centenario Anjeo. I would definitely recommend it when sitting around with good friends. Its tall, red (signifies prosperity in Mexico) bottle was pretty cool too.

My bartender Nicolas then tempted me with the Dos Lunas Anejo. He was interested in me giving it a try once he heard about the Tequila Boys blog, but alas I had to resist given it was a working day lunch. He did pull down the bottle and gave me a whiff. Tons of vanilla and caramel to the nose - my mouth watered. It was very tempting, but it will have to stay for the next trip. As you know, Tequila ain't cheap these days. Hell, most shots are more expensive than a blowjob from a Juarez whore (or at least so I've been told).

Did that somehow just cost me 10 Hail Marys?

No comments:

Post a Comment