Friday, April 16, 2010

TQBs normally don't like to gush, but...

When reviewing tequilas, TQB don't often heap too much praise onto a particular bottle. I think the reasons are a couple fold.

1. Unlike sophisticated wine tastings, we don't like to prattle on with lengthy analysis and comparisons of tequilas. We like most of them very much - 'nuff said.

2. Often times the taste of the tequila is simply a distant secondary goal of the evening. On many occasions we just like to throw back the shots and get crazy with some friends. That warm, incredible tequila buzz is our mission and after 4-5 shots who really gives a crap about the taste?

However, sometimes you encounter a tequila that deserves some major props. I did so this evening and I'm going to allow myself to gush...just a bit.

First things first...

I started the evening with a nice shot of Partida Blanco - chilled & up. It was new to the establishment where I was drinking and my bartender wanted my opinion. The Partida Blanco was a nice start. It was crystal clear, crisp with plenty of full-force agave to the taste. It had a citrusy finish with licorice and pepper. If you are a Silver/Blanco fan, I think most of you will really like it.

It would have been a nice find for the evening, if I didn't follow it up with...

...the STAR of the evening, earning my highest praise ...the Dos Lunas Anjeo.

You know those butterscotch hard candies you used to suck on as a kid? Well, this tequila bottles it with a scorpion stinger of well-bodied agave to boot. This is one tasty and silky smooth drink of tequila. If you want a great tequila, that won't break the bank and I think everyone in your party will really enjoy, Dos Lunas Anjeo is your ticket muchachos. I highly encourage you to try some and let us know what you think.

Gush over...

No comments:

Post a Comment